Third suspect in quadruple shooting appears in court
BANNER_COVID-19_SALES_DIRECTORY.png
Covid 19 home page (2).png
Search

Third suspect in quadruple shooting appears in court


More details unfold in the quadruple shooting that happened in the highway village apartments on July 6. The third person arrested for the shooting appeared in court Monday during a preliminary hearing. Detectives told the judge that 14-year-old Michael Williams joined 20-year-old Kudarrius Tubbs and 19-year-old Cedmondray Lewis in shooting towards a playground full of people. Williams said Tubbs and Lewis had hopes of targeting black disciples gang members, in retaliation for a gunshot wound one of them suffered earlier. Williams claimed he shot in the air. None of the four male victims shot were a part of the BD gang. Williams faces three counts of drive-by shooting, three counts of conspiracy, and three counts of attempted murder, with a bond totaling $150,000.

Tubbs and Lewis face similar charges. Both waived their rights to a preliminary hearing and accepted bond of $270,000 last week. All three suspects currently await trial.

#MeridianPoliceDepartment #Quadrupleshooting

27 views