728-x-90--Watch-and-Win--WEBSIZE.jpg
Covid 19 home page (2).png
Search

MAEEX Fires Ruled Accidental


The two fires that happened at the Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience construction site on Wednesday, are confirmed to be accidental.

The first fire happened at approximately 10:20am when an overheated tar kettle caught fire. The onsite workers were evacuated immediately, which resulted in leftover building material being left on top of the roof. At approximately 5:40pm this material ignited, which is said to be the cause of the second fire. The Meridian fire department responded quickly to the construction site and extinguished both fires before the blaze got out of hand and major damage was done to the multi-million-dollar building.

The MAX is still scheduled to open by April 27th, 2018.


14 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Face to face learning returns!

School is right around the corner and toady meridian public schools had registrations. Twins states news Donisha Branham has the story. With COVID on the rise meridian public schools had a great turno

powerball-featslide-logo.png
megamillions-featslide-logo.png
cash3logo.png
MSMatch5-logo.png
GMH and TSN Logos (2).png
STW-Tile-Click-ad--WEB.jpg