Meridian, MS - The Gas leak in Downtown Meridian that caused City Hall to close early yesterday afternoon has been resolved.
According to Public Works Director David Hodge the gas main line was struck 2 inches during construction of a Downtown Meridian project Monday afternoon.
Crewmen from ATMOS Energy shut off the leak and replaced the damaged section.
The incident occurred around 2:30 p.m., on 23rd Avenue, between Sixth and Seventh streets.
The leak has been repaired and City Hall returned to normal operation earlier today.