Do you have a passion working with computers, electronic equipment, and have a strong technical aptitude? Have you ever considered a career in broadcast media, but never had the opportunity to the enter industry until now? Maybe a career as Master Control Operator might be perfect fit for you at our Meridian, MS center of operations.
Television broadcasting is totally awesome. Not only do we have cool technical equipment, but where else can you broadcast major media programs including the NFL on FOX, NBC’s This is Us, CBS Evening News, and a host of others. You’ll be at the controls and your work will be broadcast over thousands of miles and to hundreds of thousands of people. In addition, the skills you pick up from our on-the-job training are transferable anywhere. Finally, we are flexible and can offer both full-time and part-time employment options for this position.
What you’ll do
• You’ll prepare, control and monitor television broadcasting equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing public.
• You will support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use.
• You’ll manage master control automation systems and file servers to ensure they are properly operating and monitor on-air quality.
• You will oversee the recording and acquisition of syndicated programs and prepare shows for air by segmenting to standardized formats.
• You’ll gather satellite feeds for broadcasting.
• You will monitor all television output signals to ensure quality control for audio, video, and closed captioning.
• You’ll oversee and edit broadcast logs.
• You will assist the station’s other departments including, Engineering, News, Promotion, and Sales.
What qualities we are hoping to find in you
Successful Master Control Operators:
• have strong technical backgrounds and enjoy learning new skills.
• can multi-task and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines.
• are dependable, can operate consistently with a high degree of accuracy, and are able to work independently without direct supervision.
• are team-oriented and customer-focused and are willing to work during severe weather emergencies and/or extended news and sports coverage to deliver broadcasts.
• have attention to detail, a positive attitude and have positive approach to problem solving.
• work effectively within a team environment.
You “MUST HAVE” these qualifications to be considered for this opportunity
• Must be local to the Meridian, MS marketplace. There is no relocation allowance for this position.
• Available to work flexible hours including overtime, holidays, nights, weekends, and overnights.
• This is an entry-level position, so no prior broadcasting experience is required.
• Some college or technical certification is preferred; however, a high school diploma or equivalent education is required.
• A valid driver's license and must have the ability to drive and own a vehicle for transportation to and from the office.
• Be 18 years or older.
• Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Fluent in English.
What we’ll offer the successful candidate?
In addition to an exciting career, the successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package based on their skills and work experience. The entry level pay for this position is $10.00/hour; however, candidates with more work experience will be compensated commensurate with their skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position
Please apply online or email your resume (MS Word or .pdf) to Ken Anthony at email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, place the following heading: “MCR – Meridian” so that your email gets routed correctly. A cover letter is not necessary.
COASTAL TELEVISION OF MERIDIAN LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER